Yessss you read that right: 5 layers of chocolate, cherry and whipped cream. Let’s dive in!
For christmas day I made this amazing chocolate-cherry cake as a dessert for my family and my god, it was so good! My family and my brothers new girlfriend looked a little shocked when I came out the kitchen with this towering cake , but they laugh and said “Well, it’s christmas so let’s eat this calorie bomb!”. The golden combination of red fruit, cherry flan and chocolate makes me hungry again!!
You don’t have to work hours in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert, I made this cake in just 40 minutes and 55 minutes in the electric oven. I was a little in a hurry that day (just like everyone on christmas day), so I choose for the easiest way to make this chocolate-cherry cake. Hope you like it!
For the cake
- 2 packs of HOMEMADE chocolate cake
- 400 ml water
For the filling
- 1 jar Aarts cherry’s without pit
- 2 cups of The Zaanse Hoeve whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 pack of Summer fruit
- Electric oven/convection oven
- Pastry bowl
- 2 Cake pan
- Satay pricker
- Sharp knife
- Piping bag
1. preheat the oven for like 10 minutes.
- Electric oven 160 °C 55-65 minutes
- Convection oven 145 °C 55-65 minutes
2. Do the 2 Complete mix for Chocolate Cake and 400 ml water in a pastry bowl with a spatula mix until a smooth paste (not knocking airy) . Fill the 2 cake pan evenly with the paste.
3. Put the 2 cakes in the middle of the oven. The cakes are ready when you put a satay skewer into the cakes and it comes clean out again. Let the cakes rest for like 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime you make the homemade whipped cream. The colder the cream is, the easier is to whip. Put the cream into a bowl and add the sugar. Sweeten the cream with your sugar of choice. I used 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
5. Whisk the cream. Start whipping the cream in a circular direction. Whip as quickly as possible to help air change the consistency of the cream from a heavy liquid into a light, fluffy substance. It takes a little practice to learn how to whip cream effectively by hand. You have to work quickly bough that the cream doesn’t have time to warm up too much. Switch hands if one becomes too tired. You can also use an electric mixer to make the job easier. Set the bowl of cream under a stand mixer and let the machine do all the work. When the whipped cream is ready put the bowl in the fridge.
6. And now it’s time for the most difficult part, making the layers! Cut the chocolate cake 2 times half horizontally. Note to not cut the cake to thin because it will crumble off. Do the same with the other chocolate cake. Now you’re got 6 chocolate layers. Make sure that the layer on the bottom is the largest. Spread the bottom layer with whipped cream and then the cherries, add the next layer and do the same with all other layers until the last layer is on top.
7. FUN PART; DECORATING! You can decorate the cake however you want it. Put the whipped cream in a piping bag and create your own decoration on the chocolate cake. At the end you add some of the blueberries, strawberries and raspberries on top. Mohhhh this look delicious!
EAT IT AND LIKE IT! 🙂