Can I please eat this every morning for the rest of my life? Of course I can because it’s healthy and it’s the perfect thing to pair with a cup of Green Tea. And what else, it takes 15 minutes or less to make.
I was inspired by a craving one morning for a big slice of homemade apple pie for breakfast. Do you blame me? It’s apple picking season here in the midwest and the leaves are starting to turn. But considering I treated myself to rich food such as this all week, like pizza, french fries, kebab and pancakes, yes I know all the bad food so I couldn’t possibly have another unhealthy day of eating. Who am I kidding, of course I could, but I was just too lazy to whip up some apple pie!
Therefore, the best part about making this oatmeal is the fact that it sort of makes your place smell like apple pie. Mmm I know you can smell it already!
- ½ cup Quaker oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium sized apple, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Boil the water.
- Cut the apple in small pieces and add one half of the apple pieces in a bowl (a bowl that is suitable for the microwave).
- Add 1/2 cup Quaker oats in the bowl
- Add the other half of the apple pieces in the bowl on top.
- When the waterboiler is ready, you put 1 cup water into the bowl.
- Add some cinnamon on top
- Put the bowl into the microwave for like 2 minutes.
- At the end you can add if you want some raisins or granola.
- Serve immediately.